From Cycling Tips:

Changing up his racing programme despite a successful 2015 season, Chris Froome and Team Sky have announced that the two-time Tour de France winner will begin his season at the Jayco Herald Sun Tour.

The Briton will travel to Australia prior to the start on Wednesday February 3, becoming the first Tour de France champion to ride the race. His Team Sky squad will also be making its debut in the event.

“I’m really pleased to start my 2016 season at the Jayco Herald Sun Tour,” he stated. “Victoria is a beautiful part of the world and racing in the warm climate will give me a good platform for the new season.

“We don’t often get a chance to race in front of our Aussie fans so we’re all looking forward to seeing them over there as well.”

The race will begin on February 3 with a 2.1 kilometre prologue and will conclude on Sunday February 7 with the uphill stage to Arthur’s Seat.

Another theft from SA and a kick in the guts for the TDU?

Views: 136

Replies to This Discussion

A shame he won't come earlier and do the TdU, but realistically he'll be taking it pretty easy- No early season form peaks before July.

Note the oh so sincere plug for 'beautiful' Victoria - I wonder what his appearance money adds up to?

wonder if Porte will also ride the sun tour?

As one commented on Twitter, the appearance fee would be enough to appease him and cover a chunk of the cost of getting Sky to the TDU. 

It's going to be the problem with the TDU. It's too early in the season for most except new riders and a way of team testing others (or escape the northern winter).

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service