Where In The World Is My Bike?
A few of these minor brain teasers popping up on sydneycyclists of late .
Here is a local one ;-) I was actually photographing the local flora (eek!) in the first instance.

Views: 13166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exactly right! I thought it'd be interesting to post something new, because the separated path has only been laid down in the last few days.

Here's another photo of the shiny new path, which I didn't post at first because it was too much of a giveaway:

Well I do ride past that way once a month or so and thought the fence looked familiar. Good to see progress on the long promised bike path.

OK here's another one, within day trip cycling distance of the CBD:

In Cleland Conservation Park?  If so, Mireen Track would be name guess.  Below the ridge where the Old Highway runs, beyond Eagle on the Hill.

That's the right track. It's just lovely around there at the moment. Google has a picture from a nearby viewpoint, Here.

WITWIMB

It can be included in a day ride from Adelaide with some 'training'.

I'm guessing Trial Hill Rd Barossa Valley

Correct.  Maybe I should have put in the photo that didn't show as much of the hill!

It was actually the stone wall along the upper bend that rang the memory bell, they're usually not found anywhere but to the north/north east of the city. That and the lack of a centre line on the road, not often seen on a hill climbing road.

OK one from my ride yesterday:

Hint: It's a named trail, bicycles are allowed and hazards are refreshingly marked with small yellow diamonds and exclamation marks instead of the usual "cyclist dismount" signs.

I have no idea, but looks a great spot!

I will guess - The Kidman Trail?

Mmm, no. At 269km long, that would be a very broad guess! I'm actually not very far from suburbia in that picture.

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service