Where In The World Is My Bike?
A few of these minor brain teasers popping up on sydneycyclists of late .
Here is a local one ;-) I was actually photographing the local flora (eek!) in the first instance.

Views: 12736

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, that's not near a named oval.  Also, not that far north.

There's an off road path between the oval at Elizabeth off Goodman Rd and the railway line that I have used a couple of times. No idea what named ovals there are around there because I've never been into ball sports.

The named oval is Elizabeth Oval (currently branded, through sponsorship, as "My Money House Oval").  The photo was taken near the southwest corner of that complex, near the railway line, looking more-or-less south, but so as to not show the railway fence or the "Buried Gas Main" signs.  At the place I was standing, the path divides into two, the "greater" a vehicle track and the lesser (where the bike is) more used by cyclists, with a wide variety of tread patterns.

WITWIMB?

Strathalbyn railway turntable?

Not Strathalbyn.  There are only a small number of these still in existence.

Aah, yes, is it the Peterborough one?

Peterborough has multiple gauges.  Nope.

Judging by the steam plume it's the Mt Gambier one. Link

Yes.  The SA network in the SE was cut off when the Victorian line to Portland was sold to the Commonwealth and changed to standard gauge in 1996.  Mt Gambier was in use up until around 10 years ago for a tourist venture that ran to Millicent and Naracoorte.  The venture went broke and shut down.  Shortly after, vandals burnt the roundhouse and it was abandoned to get to the state that it is today.  A path laid over the top of the rails so it now runs from White Ave to Pick Ave, through the refurbished rail yards.  The crossings are crap (i.e. not child friendly), but there are more people out on bikes on weekends.

NEXT!

Whoosh!

This is one on my all time favourite downhills. WITWIMB?

OK so yeah, it's not my bike in the shot but it's keeping my ass off the ground as I point the camera backwards ;-)

Hmmm.   Gotta start somewhere ... Paris Creek Rd?

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service