Ok, so I am going to do 3 Peaks again in 2015 but go for sub 10 this time so I want to start using power instead of HR to train. But which one to get?

I have a Kaiser M3 indoor spin bike which I like using for sufferfest sessions and it has a power display. It isn't a great meter as while it seems to be consistent, it doesn't have very good fidelity and I can't record the data. So kinda helpful.

I run a Garmin 500 on my roadies.

So I think my options are:

1. Get a power meter for my bike and try and estimate what the equivalent power is on my spin bike for indoor sessions. Might be good enough.
2. Get a pedal based system and swap them constantly. Bit too painful.
2. Get a LH pedal (e.g. The Vector) for the spin bike and a second meter for the roadie. Most expensive option.

My questions really are, how helpful will just a LH power meter be from a training perspective and will the 'rough' power on the spin bike be ok for indoor sufferfest sessions.

Thoughts?

Alex

P.S. I already have compact cranks and can put on my medium cage rear to get down to 36x32 for 3 peaks. The 32 was my new best friend at WTF corner last March :-)

Views: 1575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not associated with the store (other than regular cust.) so don't want to commit them to anything - but it was cheaper than I could find on-line in Australia.

Perhaps ring up (or even better call in), ask for Aaron and tell him I referred you. Get the price then shop around.

Dura-Ace 7800 was what I bought. Although not all shops have them on display pretty much any bike shop can get them in from the rep. I've got the V2 unit and so far so good.

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2020   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service