SSRC Update: 10/01/2016

Hi folks.

By this time next week the Cancer Council Classic will have been run-and-won. A few of you might even have been out for a run in your undies!! The TDU will finally be here.

It’s an amazing time of year if you’re at all interested in the World Tour and glimpsing cycling’s top teams in your own backyard. I hope you all get to enjoy at least some of the events that are run over the next couple of weeks, or at the very least get to visit the tour village in Victoria Square.

I’d like to say that this week’s rides were uneventful, but unfortunately, at least one of the rides contained a crash. Without being there, it’s hard to make too much of a comment on this incident. However, I would like to remind everyone on the Tuesday night ride to be cautious and vigilant on the shared path portions on the ride. We have at least two riders coming to grief on these paths in the past few weeks. Whilst ensuring a slower pace down the paths than would happen on the open roads would help, I’m open to seeing groups split from the start, maybe with different routes. Again, this would mean that there needs to be another leader (or leaders) for the quick group who would be willing to take charge in the event of any incident that would delay a group member’s finish and make sure they either got home or gained medical assistance if required. Let me know if you are interested. I’ll work with anyone who wants to do this.

Saturday’s rides seemed to go well, with Gareth being the sole casualty of the dreaded p*Nc7ur3 fairly! I’m sorry for the folks who didn’t get a seat at Modish 5 at the end. I’ll try to get a bit more organised for our next start from there.

Thanks to Carl, Ali and Colin for taking the rides out. It’s encouraging to see around 30 riders riding when so many are either on holidays or pursuing other cycling goals and it couldn’t happen without you guys.

As many would already have seen on my Facebook page, I managed to take a few pics on Saturday here is a small selection.

Nick heading uo Cox's on the P Ride.

The rest of the P Ride heading up to meet Nick.

Ali and Sharon heading up Cox's also.

The L Ride getting out of suburbia on the Coast-2-Vines trail.

Our L Ride Tail-End-Charlie for the day, Carl, chasing after his ride after stopping for a chat to the photographer!

One of our newer riders, Gary, cruising over Witton Bluff with Pt. Noarlunga in the background.

The Green Ps storming up Witton Bluff at Christies Beach.

Nearly at the top!

Rides for next week:

Tuesday the 12th of January. 6pm. SSRC Tuesday Night Stragglers (Woodcroft start): The short route with the hill of the Veloway. Carl will be there to co-ordinate. Please bear in mind my request earlier in this update for a possible quick group leader: http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/events/ssrc-tuesday-night-straggler...

Saturday the 16th of January. 7.30am meet for 7.45am roll-out.

The L Ride: McLaren Vale – Whites Valley – Hahn Road and return via Strout and Sand Roads. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/events/ssrc-l-ride-route-3-tdu-week...

The P Ride: Out to Kangarilla for a few short ramps. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/events/ssrc-p-ride-tdu-week-part-1-...

The Green Ps: 70km (almost of flattish fun. Coast and Blewitt Springs included. They asked for it!! http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/events/ssrc-green-p-s-tdu-week-part...

As always, we prefer to have you indicate your attendance at any ride by responding on the events on Adelaide Cyclists themselves. Doing so allows us to plan for any contingencies that there might be. The usual contingency is managing large numbers of people in a safe manner on public roads! So your RSVPs to the events are really appreciated. Signing up to Adelaide Cyclists is required to do this. This is free and requires minimal personal information.
Stay safe out there. We look forward to seeing you during this exciting time for cycling in South Australia.

Cheers, Wattsy.

PS. Congratulations to Jack Bobridge for becoming Australian Road Race Champion in emphatic style today! Here's a pic from last years Willunga stage with Jack in a breakaway with Greg Henderson and another rider (help?) on his way to securing the KOM jersey.

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The other rider might be Jordan Kerby from Drapac.
Thanks Ian. I've got a print of this I'd love to get signed by all three.

Just bumping this discussion in order to remind those thinking about joining our rides from interstate and overseas over the next 2 weekends that they can!

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2020   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service