Southern Suburbs Road Cyclists (SSRC) Ride Report - 20th June, 2015

Hi all.

We don't often do these reports anymore. To be honest that's down to me just not being prepared enough to whip a camera or phone out during the rides. I enjoy the scenery a bit too much! Plus my skill with camera phones is questionable at best. Today I was determined to get something up here primarily due to the fact that the colder it's getting, the more riders are turning up! So without further ado...

The count for today's rides was 26 and the numbers were fairly evenly split between the L Ride (for new riders or slower riders 20-22kph) and the P Ride (for riders with a bit more in the legs and are able to do 50-60km at 22-25kph). Alison organised and led the P Ride, ably assisted by Steve. Yours truly organised the L Ride and went TEC whilst Lynn graciously agreed to lead the group (for the first time I believe,so well done) 

The L Ride welcomed Bruce and Scotty to their first rides and Jodie rejoined us for her second ride after completing the 'She Rides' program. All three completed the ride with a good degree of comfort. The P Ride welcomed a mixed group of regular,occasional and new faces also.

The L Ride at Griffiths Drive,Moana.

The P Ride... 

Photo
We did loiter, just not overnight...

The P Riders. This is the location where I start thinking we need to change the name of this group!!

Photo

The L Riders safely back at Beck's where it's all about the coffee and the post-ride chat :-)The post ride chat today revealed that one of our newbies was about to head off to France to see the Le Tour. We hope to be living vicariously through them with a few well chosen pics.We ride every second week and alternate the starts between Pt Noarlunga and McLaren Vale. We are particularly keen to assist those people starting out with road riding. See you out there, Wattsy.

Views: 517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said Wattsy, great turn out in very cold conditions. Great to ride with a great group of people.

Carl.

A good ride indeed despite the chilly 2 degrees start to the morning for those that rode to the start. Great to see so many turn up to our rides. You must be doing something right Wattsy. Absolutely love what you do for and put into the SSRC rides.

Great report. Sorry I missed it. :(

I've enjoyed the two rides I've been on and looking forward to the next one.

Quite curious where we go next, never would have occurred to me to head along to Wheatsheaf road and go the back way to Chandler's hill.

Can you pull another surprise? Suspect you will.

Mmmm... France, LeTour and summer!

Keep an eye open on the coverage for the Pyrenees Stages 13 & 14 that finish & start in Rodez!

We've both enjoyed our initial rides with SSRC and look forward to getting back on the bike on our return.

See you all again in August - Dan & Jodie

So, so, so, so, so jealous!! ;-)

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2020   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service