The rain has obviously cleared because there were groups of riders everywhere this morning including 15 for the Muddies ride to McLaren Vale via Blewitt Springs. I didn't make the Rimini start thanks to a new tube that wouldn't hold air, then a new chain and cassette that didn't like each other. Should have test ridden them yesterday, I suppose. A few tweaks of the RD on the way to New India sorted out the chain problems before the ride started in earnest.

New India 

The first climb was up Flagstaff Rd, made much easier thanks to a tailwind, as we turned into Blacks Rd we had the only mechanical for the day.

Matt should buy a pump

Hurry up Matt

Climb number 2 was Humpty Hill, some good times up there today with a favourable wind and plenty of wheels to chase. A nice cruise along Main Rd and down the awesome Clarendon Rd descent to Clarendon where we picked up Michelle and Colin.

Clarendon

Leigh on his first Muddies ride

Sam (in black) on his first ride. 

A slight climb out of Clarendon then more fast descending through Douglas Gully and Blewitt Spring as we headed for coffee in McLaren Vale. The ride back was made a touch harder with a headwind and with riders peeling off at various points to head home there weren't many places to hide in the pack :( for the hardy few who made it back to Rimini for coffee #2.

Ride distance  70 km (ish)

Climbing  960m (ish)

Ave speed  24 kph

Spontaneous air leaks 1  ( can't use the P word as Boz found out mid week)

Grin factor 9

Views: 731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there another way????

Hi Muddies. Sorry I stuffed up after leaving Remini's. I forgot that we needed to turn off at the veloway and went flat chat with the other group who headed straight to South Road. Some dude tapped me on the shoulder to remind me I missed my turn-off so I rode up South Road to Blacks Road and waited about 8 - 10 minutes. Couldn't see anyone so I rode the rest of the way on my own. I did see the large group of riders later in the ride as I was heading to Clarendon and they were going towards Coromandel Valley. I hope I didn't cause any hassles with people waiting etc. Next time I'll pay a bit more attention.

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service