New equipment supplier for Team Lampre as per 1st January 2013

MERIDA enters the UCI World Tour

Merida Europe GmbH is pleased to announce its commitment to the UCI World Tour as per 1st January 2013. The successfully established UCI Pro Team Lampre will ride  MERIDA’s high-end equipment for the next three seasons and will compete under the official name “Team Lampre-MERIDA”.

Taiwan’s second-largest bicycle manufacturer has been supporting one of the world’s most successful mountain bike racing teams since 2004, the MULTIVAN MERIDA BIKING TEAM; entering the UCI World Tour has been long-awaited and is the next logical step to get the best showcase possible for the brand’s premium road products.

In 2013, the new Team Lampre-MERIDA will compete on the SCULTURA SL which has been setting benchmarks in terms of stiffness, agility and vertical compliance, thus making sure Team Lampre-MERIDA can participate in all the big races such as the Giro d’Italia, the Vuelta a Espana and the Tour de France with solid aspirations.

Views: 1058

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Merida have been rumoured to be looking for a Pro team Road sponsorship for a while. Being a Merida rider I've watched this with interest. I heard Lampre weren't their first choice (would they be anyone's first choice right now??) but I guess it gets their brand into the peloton.

This marks a change in marketing direction. They've gone from being primarily an OEM for other brands to pushing more of their own bikes. They make a lot of frames for Specialized and had a deal to not compete in the US and Canadian markets. I wonder if that will still apply?  Cycling IQ  interviewed the Merida VP in March.

Merida own around 50% of Specialized and stay out of the US market for that reason.

I believe they sponsored the Fly V Australia team for a season (or two??), which was a UCI continental team....good to see they have finally made their way into the big league :)

Also sponsor SASI here in Adelaide.

Good on Merida for scoring a high profile team. Hope it works out well for them.

Cannondale are taking over Liquigas too.

So will they rename the team to Team Cannondale instead of Liquigas/Cannondale?

cheers Tim

Cheers Tim... because I was too lazy to source it!

Just finishing off your leadout Gus :)

Looks like the bike will be based on this 2013 Scultura SL team frame set

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service