Location: The Joinery, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide
Time: 6:30 - 7:30 (talk) 7:30 - 8:30 (AGM)
Everyone welcome whether you live/ride in Charles Sturt. Much of the discussion will apply to other council areas.
Presenter: Sara Morrison, City of Charles Sturt, transport engineer.
Sara will discuss:
- recent/upcoming cycle projects
- funding sources for cycle infrastructure projects
- transport/cycling policies and strategies
- challenges/opportunities related to promoting transport cycling
- OFO and the City of Charles Sturt - what was the process to make this happen?
- how can riders, BUGs and bike advocates assist council with identifying cycle projects
- Council processes to identify and progress projects
- the Outer Harbor Greenway review
Sara is a Transport Engineer at the City of Charles Sturt and has been working within the Transport Strategy and Assets team for 7 years over a 10 year period. Sara is currently delivering Wayfinding Signs along the Outer Harbor Greenway and working with DPTI to improve bike storage and access at railway stations.
The BISA AGM will follow (7:30 - 8:30). The exciting bit we know! But it really would be great to meet more of the great SA riders out there. Come and meet the current committee and put your hand up to join if you are passionate about cycling in SA.