For several months now I've been seeing red and white paint marking something as I ride up Flagstaff Hill road.

Yesterday a friend sent me the link below.

Bit of digging has revealed a "Release for public comment" worthy of the Vogon construction force.

The initial public comment time was on three times.

• Seaford Central Shopping Centre - Thursday 12 December 2019 between 5pm and 8pm
  • McLaren Vale Central Shopping Centre - Saturday 14 December 2019 between 10am and 1pm
  • Aberfoyle Hub Shopping Centre - Monday 16 December 2019 between 1pm and 4pm.

It's been advertised......somewhere over the rainbow.

Signs on Flagstaff hill road advising people? Nope.

For people that ride up and down the road this may be critical. For me it is, its my commute, its my way to the flats, its my way back.

Please read the comments and contribute at the url below.

https://yoursay.sa.gov.au/decisions/flagstaff-road-upgrade/about

When governments rush processes and keep them very very quiet I get very very curious.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a text copy and paste from the web page:

We are seeking your feedback on the Flagstaff Road Upgrade project.  

What’s being decided?

We are in the planning and design stage of our Flagstaff Road Upgrade project and we are seeking your views to help inform the development of the preferred design concept.

For 800 metres of its overall length between Hyland Avenue and Bonneyview Road, the road consists of only three lanes. Flow on the centre lane is reversed daily to cope with peak-hour traffic in the mornings and evenings. This is a potential cause of confusion for motorists travelling during these periods and remains a safety concern.

An additional lane will be installed as a permanent two-way dual carriageway. This map highlights the scope of works and location of the Flagstaf...

Once complete, it is expected that the upgrade will:

• Reduce traffic congestion
  • Reduce confusion
  • Improve efficiency and safety for motorists travelling on Flagstaff Road
  • Provide room to overtake slow-moving traffic
  • Allow emergency vehicles to proceed without being held up by other traffic

Community and stakeholder engagement is an important part of the planning process and as planning progresses consultation with residents, land owners and business owners will occur to help inform and develop the preferred concept and design.

Get involved

To have your say:

Please note that submissions will not be responded to between COB Tuesday 24 December 2019 and 9am Monday 6 January 2020.

How can your input influence the project?

All feedback and concerns will be considered as the project team continues through the design process to identify a preferred solution that balances the needs of the project’s various stakeholders.

What are the next steps?

Further consultation will occur throughout the planning and design phase, which will conclude in 2020.

Contact details

For more information:

Closing date: 5pm, Tuesday 7 January 2019

Image By YellowMonkey - Photo by YellowMonkey, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=10772496

Upcoming key dates

Tue, 7 Jan 2020 at 5:00 PM

CLOSING DATE: Flagstaff Road Upgrade project

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2020   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service