Serious Crash at West Beach
Posted by SAPOL on 10-Jun-2019
www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-police-news-assets/front-page-news/serious-crash-at-west-beach#.XP3SxE3_paQ
Military Rd is currently closed due to a serious crash at West Beach.
Police and emergency services were called to Military Rd about 10.20am on Monday 10-Jun-2019 after reports of a vehicle colliding with a pedestrian and two cyclists.
The pedestrian sustained critical injuries in the crash and is being taken to the Royal Adelaide Hospital, while the two cyclists sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Military Rd is closed between West Beach Rd and Africaine Rd and motorists are asked to avoid the area.
Major Crash Investigators are attending the scene.

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always considered this section of road the safest of an "Outer Harbour Ride", I hope everyone recovers quickly.

Later I saw the TV news and images. Surprised that the crash occurred in this 'safer' section and that the vehicle accessed a footpath on the opposite side of the road.

Regarding the cyclists: reported that the man suffered a painful broken leg, to the alarm of his young son.

Pedestrian killed by van identified
Published by ABC News on 13-Jun-2019
www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-13/pedestrian-killed-by-van-at-west-beach-identified/11206642
(an extract)
The man was hit by a van while on a walk with his wife and children on Military Rd on Monday.
The van then veered across the oncoming lane of traffic and hit a father and son who were cycling up the coastal road, before crashing into a power pole.
His wife made the decision to turn his life support off on Wednesday afternoon.
Major Crash officers are investigating whether the driver of the van suffered a medical episode prior to the crash.

(Hoping this reaches 'Equal2Lance' or 'Equal2Lance2' as it is quite important.)

Hi 'Equal2Lance' - I received this email on the old Gawler Wheelers Gmail email address. (I guess they thought this was the only way to contact you.) It is in regard to one of you previous postings on the Adelaide Cyclists website entitled "A truly haunting photo for the 1m rule (warning disturbing photo)" from June 4, 2015.

Here is the email:

Sent: Tuesday, 11 June 2019 6:59 AM
To: xxxx@gmail.com
Subject: Change to article

To whom it may concern,

I am Dani Sueke, wife of Henri Sueke, who was a cyclist killed in a collision on May 28th 2015 in Sydney. You ran an article at the time that featured a photograph of the scene of the accident. I am very grateful to the anger and support your members expressed in that article. However, I would like to ask you to please remove the photograph you posted. At the time of the accident my children were aged between 8 and 6 months old. They are older now and accessing the internet. I fear it won't be too long until they think to Google their Father's accident and an image such as the one you posted will only cause them distress. Since 4 years have now passed, may I ask that you please remove the photo.

This is the link to the photograph I am referring to. I would again like to thank you for the sentiments expressed when it was posted, but I never want my children to see this.

https://www.adelaidecyclists.com/m/discussion?id=3086792%3ATopic%3A...

Thank you in advance for your understanding,

Dani Sueke

Hi Heather - Can you please pass this message onto 'Equal2Lance2' if you know him or are able to contact him (Andrew ?). Cheers - Wilson Devo

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2019   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service