After the intro, some pertinent links to AC discussions, but not all links. Please add your experiences.
Please report your bicycle-vehicle collisions to police, even if your injuries appear minor:
-- Your full injuries could be masked at the time by adrenalin, shock and pain (know from personal experience)
-- A delay in realising full injuries and reporting can lead to hassles in getting medical bills reimbursed (know from personal experience)
-- Let police officially warn the errant person and thus encourage him to improve his driving
-- Give authorities a better indication of cycling collisions, hazards and need for improvement
What to do in an accident. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/page/what-to-do-in-an-accident
SA road trauma compensation laws were changed in Jul-2013.
http://www.ghostbikes.org -- white bicycles left at scenes of cyclist deaths
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php -- Ride of Silence remembers cyclists who died due to road trauma
http://www.woj.com.au -- Wheels of Justice includes info re lawyer Eugene McGee who killed Ian Humphrey in a hit-run in 2003
DTEI / DPTI posts online yearly Road Safety Progress Reports, stating approximately __ cyclists killed, and __ cyclists injured.
Government data supports that cyclists are safer road users than drivers. In 2010 in SA 51% of drivers considered responsible, c.f. with 30% of cyclists. Be aware that a study using bike helmet cams indicates that authorities incorrectly blame cyclists. More info in AC group Look For Cyclists at http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/group/lookforcyclists/forum/topics/...
102. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/i-ve-joined-the-hit-ru... – On Sunday 17-Jun-2012 around noon, on Cross Road at intersection with Duthy Street, Adam Williss catapulted into air by small green-blue car in hit-run.
103. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/bicycle-hit-and-run-po... – On Sunday 23-Sep-2012 on Quivliven Road, Aldinga, 16-year-old intentionally injured on footpath in hit-run by 4WD. Police seek info from the public.
104. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/cyclist-hit-on-portrus... – On Tuesday 25-Sep-2012 on Portrush Road near The Parade, an older male cyclist was hit. Visibly shaken but managed to hobble off the road.
105. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/brightest-tail-light-d... – On Sunday 3-Jul-2012 on South Road near Torrens Road, Paul run into the gutter by a flatbed truck, despite Paul's bright rear light. Police car drove past, without checking on Paul or stopping the truck driver.
106. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/thinking-of-selling-my... – Durian Rider knocked off his bike in 96, 97, 99 and by a bus in 2003. “Some injuries took days to get over, one took 5 years and I had to live on the dole poverty line.”
107. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/my-turn-to-take-a-dive... – On 14-Oct-2012 at intersection of Bridge Road and Maxwell Road, Para Hills, Chris Sewell hit and injured by vehicle turning across his path.
108. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/ride2work-day-wednesda... – Ride2Work Day 17-Oct-2012 just before 8am, corner of MacKinnon Parade and Frome Road, cyclist hit by left-turning vehicle. Unknown male cyclist in pain and ambulance in attendance.
109. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/another-cyclists-hit – On 20-Oct-2012 on roundabout of Penfolds Road and The Parade, Mark Ferguson saw injured cyclist being attended by ambos.
110. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/another-cyclists-hit – On 20-Oct-2012 on Prospect Road, Graham King's friend hit and injured on Prospect Road.
111. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/man-down-oppy-0-car-1 – On 22-Oct-2012 on Winston Avenue bikedirect route, a vehicle turned left across Alastair Dowler's path, resulting in minor injuries and destroyed bike.
112. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/claiming-damages-after... – On 19-Oct-2012 girlfriend of Joel McWhinney hit by car turning right across her path. Minor injuries and bike damaged.
113. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/another-cyclists-hit – On 20-Oct-2012 at Flagstaff roundabout Baron von Theirry saw aftermath of bicycle-vehicle collision. Ambulance and police attended.
113a. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/second-opinion-told-to... – In Oct-2012 Mark hit by car and injured
114. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/profiles/blogs/greenhill-road-bike-... – On 2-Nov-2012 on Greenhill Road, Michael Fraser hit by vehicle turning right into Sydney Street, Burnside. Minor injuries and damaged bike.
115. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/forum/topics/serious-crash-at-picca... – On 28-Oct-2012 on Piccadilly Road, cyclist hit by ute in critical condition – http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/cyclist-critical...