After the intro, some pertinent links to AC discussions, but not all links. Please add your experiences.
Please report your bicycle-vehicle collisions to police, even if your injuries appear minor:
-- Your full injuries could be masked at the time by adrenalin, shock and pain (know from personal experience)
-- A delay in realising full injuries and reporting can lead to hassles in getting medical bills reimbursed (know from personal experience)
-- Let police officially warn the errant person and thus encourage him to improve his driving
-- Give authorities a better indication of cycling collisions, hazards and need for improvement
What to do in an accident. http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/page/what-to-do-in-an-accident
SA road trauma compensation laws were changed in Jul-2013.
http://www.ghostbikes.org -- white bicycles left at scenes of cyclist deaths
http://www.rideofsilence.org/main.php -- Ride of Silence remembers cyclists who died due to road trauma
http://www.woj.com.au -- Wheels of Justice includes info re lawyer Eugene McGee who killed Ian Humphrey in a hit-run in 2003
DTEI / DPTI posts online yearly Road Safety Progress Reports, stating approximately __ cyclists killed, and __ cyclists injured.
Government data supports that cyclists are safer road users than drivers. In 2010 in SA 51% of drivers considered responsible, c.f. with 30% of cyclists. Be aware that a study using bike helmet cams indicates that authorities incorrectly blame cyclists. More info in AC group Look For Cyclists at http://www.adelaidecyclists.com/group/lookforcyclists/forum/topics/...
187. On Monday 14-May-2018 just before 8.30am. Just outside Quorn, Horrocks Hwy, near intersection of Cemetery Rd. Collision between cyclist and car. 66yo man from Quorn died at the scene.
Highway reopened after fatal crash at Quorn – posted by SAPOL on 14-May-2018 – www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-police-news-assets/front-page-news/more-new...
188. On Thursday 17-May-2018 just before 5pm. White Commodore driving erratically around Victoria Rd, Osborne and Taperoo. The car collided with several cars and a cyclist, as well as numerous other near-misses. Fortunately, the cyclist sustained only superficial injuries.
Erratic driver arrested at Taperoo – posted by SAPOL on 17-May-2018 – www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-police-news-assets/front-page-news/erratic-...
189. On Sunday 13-Jan-2019 about 5.35pm. Mount Barker Rd, Bridgewater. Male cyclist with serious injuries taken to RAH. Hit-run. Male driver of dual-cab ute later identified and charged.
190. On Thursday 17-Jan-2019 before 7.45am. Princes Hwy about 50 km north of Kingston SE and south of Salt Creek. 60yo male cyclist from Victoria died at the scene. Hit-run. Male driver of truck later identified and charged.
191. On Friday 5-Apr-2019 about 8.15am, at Younghusband between Mannum and Swan Reach, on Hunter Rd near Chambers Hill Rd and between Bakers Hutt Rd and Morrell Rd. A 67yo male cyclist from Mannum hit by a ute. Unfortunately he died at the scene.
Condolences to family and friends of Steven Wilkinson, who was a member of the cycling group Mannum Peddle Wheelers.
192. On Saturday 2-Nov-2019 just after 8.45pm, on Curtis Rd, Munno Para. Collision between bicycle and car. The Smithfield Plains woman died in hospital overnight.
193. On Friday 17-Jan-2020 just before 1pm. On Regency Rd in Prospect, near Grassmere St. Cyclist injured in hit-run by SUV.
194. On Sunday 9-Feb-2020. On Marion Rd. Cyclist injured when avoiding car.
195. On Tuesday 25-Feb-2020 about 6.30am. On Nine Mile Rd at Willyaroo, between between Collett Rd and Roper Rd.
A 44yo female cyclist from Strathalbyn sustained serious injuries in a collision with a car.
Sadly she died on 27-Feb-2020.
196. On Thursday 16-Apr-2020 just after 7am. On Port Rd near the intersection of George St, in Thebarton. A 22yo female cyclist from Malvern dragged under a truck for about 40 metres. Serious leg injury.