Adelaide City Council is supporting a website and competition to encourage people to cycle to work.

Tour de Work.

No one needs to tell us it’s a good idea. Less traffic, better health, lower medical cost pressure on the community purse, nicer vibes, etc.

As far as I can tell the Tour de Work is adapted from a British idea called Get More People Biking (which the picture is a link to)

The Adelaide version not only encourages individuals to ride but to in turn get their colleagues to cycle to work to, and the bonus is to win prizes.

" Organisations in the City of Adelaide will compete to see who can get the most staff to ride a bike to work, for transport and recreation. You can also win some great prizes by cycling to work during the challenge!"

I will be putting it to the management of my organisation. I hope you do to.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a week in London early September, and learned of their `Friday Ride to Work` campaign. Over their summer, basically July til mid-September, there were 6 routes from outer suburbs to the City, where volunteer guides would lead new riders in to work.
I gleaned info from the following sites:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cycling
Street Faults : `` If you spot any street faults, from potholes, faulty signals or damaged or missing signs, report them to
tfl.gov.uk ``.
Cycle Shops : www.bikeforall.net
Sustrans, the sustainable transport charity: www.sustrans.org.uk
CTC, the UK`s national cyclists` organisation: www.ctc.org.uk
Cycling England: www.cyclingengland.co.uk
...which picture has the link to Get More People Biking...? Thanks...

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2020   Created by Gus.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service