Just wondering if anyone has come up with this problem.
My Edge 800 will no longer connect to my computer. It keeps coming up with 'this accessory is not recognised'
I have replaced the drivers and have tested the connection with my old Edge 705 which works fine. I have even tried 9 different cables.
I am really thinking I am going to have to send it off to get it repaired (or swapped which is their normal method)
have you tried plugging it into a different USB port.. sometimes that works
Yup tried that no go.
try it on someone else's PC ?
tried that as well, still no luck
This might sound strange but follow these steps:
If your PC is continuously connected to 240 power socket then turn off pc. Turn off at power socket and unplug, a must to un plug. Wait 5 Minutes, plug back in, turn on power, turn pc on reconect USB or Garmin Device and hopefully all is well again. I have had similar problems in the past with USB devices and from what i understand static electricity builds up in USB ports from transfering from our bodies and needs to be discharged. It has worked for me a couple of times.
I gave it a try but no luck
every other USB item works without a problem. I suspect I just have a bad unit.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I have tried them all and had no luck.
Checking the web out this seems to be a problem with a small number of units out in the market.
A friend mentioned that it may be because I have never properly dismounted the unit and this has cuase file corruption. Which makes sence, did kill a USB stick with that bad habit.
If all else fails try a Master reset, You'll need to setup it back up afterwards, and may loose your ride data, courses etc.
But if your going to return it for a replacement you'll loose that anyway.
Came across this thread, it's probably fixed for OP but someone might benefit from this:
I had a similar problem and after a while I found out that I had added network drives which caused the problem. My Garmin always got drive letters G and H, and that's probably stored somewhere because after connecting to folders on the network the Garmin couldn't connect anymore. I resolved this by assigning the network mappings different drive letters (P and S). After that the Garmin was happily using G and H again, problem solved.