Had a cynical laugh to myself on the way into work this morning. As i was riding through the park near South Tce in the city i passed a lady riding a hybrid with a wicker basket on the front. As i approached her i noticed she wasnt wearing a helmet (not overly strange) but as i passed her i saw she had it sitting in the basked on the front of her bike! As i rode away with a strange sort of despair i was stopped a red light on south tce at the end of the bike path. i was there for a minute or two and saw her approaching the intersection, she proceed to take the helmet out (while still riding) and put it on here head! i just sat there stunned and to add to it she just rode straight across the pedestrian crossing when the lights turned orange (she had PLENTY of time to stop and didnt check for any turning cars).

i am continually dumbfounded and saddened by a lot of the stuff i see while i am out riding.

What stupid things have you seen?

Views: 4017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I too Had a cynical laugh to myself on the way home from work tonight. I was almost home and thanks to the V8 Commodore driver for not running me over but decided he couldnt wait 15mtrs as i take the next street. Well he decided to give me room so i hve to give him that. But being a V8 lowered Commodore going over the centre line where them Big Yellow blocks are. he hit the Diff all the way up about 5 if not 10. What a noise. The 2 guys giving way to him in the next street just pissing them self. Also a Commodore. One yells out to me. NOW THATS WHAT I CALL A DIFF BOUNCE. Wonder if he broke something the way that hit like that. Of next time he'll run me down and used me as the speed bumps?

Oh and yesterday on the Corner of Bridge & Kesters Rd, i had to dodge Jims Chain Saw and Jerry can. It seams some one lost a Chain saw and the jerry can of fuel. One it stunk and also was a hazard that had me swerving to avoid.

Someone would have appreciated recycling a free chain saw.

to power a mountain bike!

Oh no!

This one is less stupid and more hilarious. I was driving stopped on Osmond Tce, turning right onto the Parade. An old guy whom I can only describe as Gandalf in short shorts was on his bike in front of the bakery, stopped at the lights. Circling above him was his pet sulfur crested cockatoo. As the lights changed the the old guy set off on his bike, the cocky flew down and landed on the handle bars and sat there as the guy headed up the parade. 

Funniest thing I've seen in ages.

I have seen the same pair on The Parade, the man cycling and the parrot on his shoulder. One way to be 'seen' by drivers?

Hope the parrot was wearing a helmet

Oh no... The helmet argument rears its ugly head...

I was driving on a local street near home, coming up to a blind bend to the right.  Saw a guy with no helmet, on a mountain bike riding one handed on the wrong side of the road into the blind bend. He was holding a plastic shopping bag back over his shoulder with the other hand.  Predictably, a car came round the bend at the same time as we did.  Fortunately for the rider (I won't call him a cyclist!) I had moved as far left as I could and then jumped on the brakes when I saw the other car.  The other car managed to dodge him by heading onto my side of the road. Stupid *&% idiot rider!

While the stupidity of this one is likely to be well argued, I'm continuously amazed that cyclists ride up and down Waterfall Gully Rd during the peak times of the morning on weekends and public holidays.  There are LOADS of other roads to choose from, why hold up the mobs of unpredictable, already disgruntled-and-searching-desperately-for-carparks traffic on a very narrow, windy and really not nicely surfaced road?  It's pure maddness up there in a car, why risk yourself on a bike?

The food place at Waterfall Gully was run by cyclists years ago. Do not know if they are still there.

They are retired from the restaurant, and still cycling, with CPG and ATC.

RSS

Support our Sponsors

© 2014   Created by Gus K.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service