I stepped on the scales this morning and was pleasantly surprised and while I ride for pleasure and the environment fitness and health maintenance also plays a part in it.

Perhaps you are consciously trying to loose weight or not - how much have you lost since say Dec 1?

I have been commuting a couple of extra days a week this year, doing a hill session one morning and a Sunday 60km ride and I've been going to training with Matt Lloyd once a week as well as watching what I eat and my portions sizes.

(of course you can keep your weight confidential but for the record I've lost 3.5 kgs or so--- and I just ate a Cherry Ripe, albeit a min-ish one)

Photo by ambib(flickr.com/ CC) --not me.. but my scales!

Tags: fitness, weight

Views: 407

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

wow Bec.... you look great...

so what size are you now... if you don't mind me asking....

cause you look tiny

Thanks Helen, my top half Jersey is now Med to Large and tops would be 12 - 14 depending on the make.

My bottoms is where I struggle, I have been blessed with strong legs but they are huge.  And all of this cycling is making them even bigger. So a large for my Nicks or a 14....

well i use to weigh 105 kilos... shocking to say i know... but i'm now down to 81kilos...

and i want to get down to 65.....  but you look great...

i've dropped from a size 24 to 16 now....

Thats awesome Helen it wont take you long to get to 65kg.  When I was 102kg fortunately for me I only went up to a size 16.  I think the 20 yrs of fanatical excercise kept things in check a little.

half your luck..... well you've done well..

would love to meet you one day....

your my inspiration.....

well not long to my goal mark......

mind you i'm home sick as a dog at the moment... got the flippin flu....

and feel crappy.... so no riding for me this week...

my chest feels so sore.... i'm wheezing and night and it's quite painful...

i've got to be careful that i dont' get pneumonia....

this is what happens to me.... when i reach a fitness level i then fall sick....

Oh no! Get well soon.

BTW They are not my feet. See the note below. The photo is for illustrative purposes!

will be hitting that bottle of brandy soon....

they say thats a good remedy when your unwell ;-)

and sorry i missed the note

yes i had pneumonia in 2008 and was in hospital for 8 days....

and funny enough i haven't caught a cold since....

now look... i'm sick again....

so yes Dr Woods... i am taking the week off... and then hopefully back on track next week....

now you just have to put up with me annoying you LOL

Good stuff Bec, yours and the other stories on this thread are inspiring me to push harder with my own goals of getting down to 110 Kg at 124kg at moment, oh and I'm a tall bastard 6'5". I will get there! Well done All

I lost about 7 or 8 kgs leading up to my wedding 12 months ago and put it all back on again a couple of months later when I stopped having personal training 3 times a week. Hovering at about 65kg now, which is about 5kg over my idea of ideal for me (I'm 153cm). I think the cycling may help me to shift it again so long as I don't overcompensate with food (you know, I cycled today so I deserve that apple pie)... Doing yoga once a week and personal training once a week too, so I'm feeling pretty fit and healthy.

Well done to everyone who's lost weight (or put it on if that's you're goal) - it's hard work and gets a bit boring to watch what you eat all the time. My weakness is chocolate, and pie, and yeasty baked goods, and creamy pasta.... lol

Pip fit and healthy is the key not how much we weigh.

very true Bec

@ Pip your doing well.... 65k is a good weight to be.... as long as you feel happy thats the main thing

RSS

Support our Sponsors

ad1

© 2014   Created by Gus K.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service