Let's see which roads you guys & girls like the best. For me, it's gotta be Range Road Mclaren Vale. Its got a bit of everything.

Tags: Adelaide, hills, roads, scenic, tdu

Views: 3805

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Woods Hill Road from Greenhill to Ashton.  Never ceases to put a smile on my face on an early morning ride.

Also, the Montecute Road descent - especially the resurfaced bit past the fire station.  Pure cycling heaven.

Ditto to both of these. Prob Montacute my #1 due to proximity to where i live.

+1  -  I usually emabarrass myself by singing at the top of my lungs "Oh Yeah" by Yello when I turn off of Greenhill Rd  ;-)

+1 for the Woods Hill Road post, im riding regularly up the Old Freeway and across Mt Lofty, the Woods Hill Rd section is just so scenic yet so close to the city. Bit tough leaving Adelaide-Lobethal Rd coming the other way :)

First post as well, hi to all in AC!

for training? Gorge Road - out to Birdwood and back. Got a climb, got rolling hills and has some good flat fast sections.

To ride flat out fast? bottom of Montacute (on the downhill naturally) ... beautifully laid road

For a taste of Europe? Aldgate Valley Rd... looks a bit like it and smells a bit like it too

anywhere around the coast and vines. love riding through McLaren Vale and Willunga. especially up Old Willunga hill and across the range.

I love around the top of Marble Hill (and of course all of the Montecute Rd descent), especially in the late evening or crisp early morning.

Aldgate Valley Rd is also the jewel in the Adelaide cycling crown.

+1 for both of them

Hmm, the last 100m to my front door is always greeted fondly

I'm with you Richard.  It's also a slight down hill and usually has a tail wind (usually a head wind for the rest of my ride home).

Simon

Have to agree, the last 3 km's are down hill to my place.

I've been wanting to ride Aldgate Valley for a while.

Can anyone share the best way there? I would take the old freeway to crafers but where to from there? Theres a fair few choices.

RSS

Support our Sponsors

ad2

© 2014   Created by Gus K.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service