There are five new exciting elements to this year's Amy's Ride:
1. Get timed along the Southern Expressway and up Old Willunga Hill. Everyone riding 30km/60km/100km/120km will have an electronic tag that will calculate your riding time along these two legs, so you can set yourself a target and compare your times with others. Results will be posted at the finish and on the website. Amy's Ride SA is a fun recreational ride, but knowing your time is a great way to challenge yourself (and set yourself a benchmark for next year!)
2. A new 120km distance - the 'Grande' - which takes riders up Old Willunga Hill twice. Yes, if you want to test yourself like the professionals, you can double up on our biggest challenge ever
3. 18km Shiraz Trail ride option between McLaren Vale and Willunga, perfect for families does that include wine tastings :P
4. Onkaparinga residents can ride for free the 18km Shiraz Trail loop - fully supported, including refreshments
5. A fresh new jersey design, exclusive to Amy's Ride SA 2012
Brilliant as I am taking RD7 for his 1st Amy's ride, 25km Coast to Vines Express, hoping to see many kids / families out there on their bikes.
Think we will be starting from the top of the hill Andrew and so the 25km :-)
It will be a first for all of us, I will probably end up pulling Libby and hopefully Nathan will do the big 25km all on his own :-)
I guess the route for the ride will be the same as last year , but does anyone know the route for the Grande part of the ride , Willunga Hill x 2 .
will be doing the grande, i go up willunga hill better than i come down !!
Hi Adelaide Cyclists!
Really great to see so manyexcited about Amy's Ride in a month's time. Thinking this year our team might have to bring our kids along to do the Shiraz Trail loop! Good excuse to get out of being in the 'timed' bit if we're not feeling fit.
does anyone know when registrations close for amys ride still not sure if i will be back from victoria in time.I will probably leave it till the last minute when i work out the finer details of the vic trip
Regs close at midday on the Saturday before the event (Nov 3rd), but if you register at that point you need to sign in & collect your ride gear at the start instead of at the Bike SA office in the city.
We are super excited that South Australian track cycling Olympic bronze medallist Annette Edmondson, Australian Olympic track cyclist Alex Edmondson and winner of the gold medal at the 2012 Paralympic Games, Kieran Modra, will be riding at Amy's Ride SA on 4 November, and supporting Bicycle SA's and Amy Gillett Foundation's road safety campaigns in South Australia.
Amy's Ride SA participants will be able to get an autograph and admire the London Olympic and Paralympic medals of champion cyclists Kieran Modra and Annette Edmondson at the event village at the McLaren Vale visitor centre. Plus anyone who registers before Monday 22 October 5pm, will go into the draw to win an exclusive training ride with Paralympic Gold Medallist Kieran Modra, in the week leading up to the event.
I don't know for you, but I can't wait to admire an Olympic medal!
Hope to see you there,
Luka @ Bicycle SA
How is everyone feeling today? stay well hydrated afterwards folks, its a killer