The fourth installment of this CERVO ROSSO GROUP RIDE with a twist!
1. A sense of adventure,
2. GPS cyclo-computer or Strava-enabled smartphone,
3. Vertically minded thinking
All roads lead to Glenelg on October 14 for the fourth Red Deer Brevet - where you score points according to the route you take to get there.
The aim is to arrive at Moseley Square, Glenelg at 11:00 am for a well earned brunch. However, how you choose to get there is entirely up to you. You can start whenever you want, and get there however you want. Once you get there, you will be awarded points according to the formula.......
Climbing metres divided by km's travelled divided by elapsed time. (800m divided by 60km in 2 hours 30 minutes would give you 5.3 points as opposed to 1200m in 85km over 2 hours would give you 7.1 points and hence a higher points score)
Points will then be tallied and a random loading applied to qualified riders to find the winner (who may not be first past the post)
1. Must travel at least 75km
2. Must start your ride within the Adelaide Parklands - see parklands map here
3. Must arrive as close to 11:00 am as possible as penalties may apply if you are early or late
4. Cannot double back on any roads (i.e. if you ride up a particular hill you can't ride back down it)
MAJOR PRIZES TO BE ANNOUNCED
(Con Nakos was the winner of the last Brevet to Mylor and claimed the magnificent Corsa S3 jersey)
It is entirely up to you how seriously you wish to take up the points challenge. Let your route planning begin!
Anyone is free to come along and join us, however you need at least one CR kit item to be eligible for the prizes. Go to www.cervorosso.com to purchase or contact a CR Test Team member to borrow an item.
Note: No deer will be harmed during the staging of this event!
The invite list is not meant to be exclusive, YOU are more than welcome to join us....
Add a Comment