Event Date : Wednesday 27-Jun-2012
STARplex Fitness Centre (located here with info here)
18-20 Alexander Avenue
Duration : 1 Hour
Style : Indoor cycling class (Les Mills RPM) on STARplex stationary cycles
Suitability : Novice & total beginners
- RSVP in the normal Adelaide Cyclists manner and do the following -
- Book your place by emailing RPM Instructor Allison Thompson :
- Alternately, book your place by phoning the STARplex reception on (08) 8522-0622.
- There is no mechanism to reserve a specific STARplex stationary cycle. It will be 'first come, first served' on the night.
- A private Gawler Wheelers session of introductory indoor cycling on dedicated STARplex stationary cycles at the STARplex Fitness Centre, following the normal Wednesday evening RPM class.
- A typical Les Mills RPM class is approximately 45 minutes in duration with nine sections or 'tracks' that include Warm Up, Pace, Hills, Mixed Terrain, Intervals, Speed Work, Mountain Climb, Ride Home & Stretch.
- A limited number of stationary cycles (approx. 40) are available. The 'BODY BIKE Classic Supreme' & 'Schwinn IC Elite' are generally the stationary cycles available for use.
- The stationary cycles predominantly have double sided pedals. One side has straps and the other side has SPD (not SPD-SL) style pedals, so be prepared by bringing your own SPD cycling shoes and/or trainers. You are not permitted to use you own pedals.
- As this is an official Gawler Wheelers Event, you are encouraged to wear your GW Team Kit.
- Stationary cycle use on the night will be on a 'first come, first served' basis.
The Gawler Wheelers RPM Night Recommendations must be read prior to attending a RPM Night Event.