NOTE: THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL (TRACK CYCLE HIRE SECTION)
Event Date : Friday 11-May-2012
Adelaide Super-Drome (located here with info here)
State Sports Park
Main North Rd
Gepps Cross, SA, 5094
Duration : 2 Hours
Elevation : 43° Banked
Surface : Softwood
Suitability : Novice & total beginners
- $20 (includes track cycle hire - limited numbers and sizes (child, 50, 53, 56 & 59cm))
- $15 (BYO track cycle)
- Free (spectators)
- Leave a message in the 'COMMENT WALL' below and indicate if you need to hire a track cycle or if you will use your own.
- There is no mechanism to reserve a specific size hire track cycle. It will be 'first come, first served' on the night for those that have indicated they need to hire a track cycle.
- A private Gawler Wheelers session of introductory track cycling on dedicated fixed gear track cycles at the Adelaide Super-Drome following the normal Friday Night Novice Track session.
- Coach Eddie Smith and experienced track cyclist, Tony B (J.B's brother), will be on hand for nominal tuition and assistance.
- A limited number of track cycles (approx. 20), in various sizes, are available for hire. The 'Hillbrick Pista' is generally the track cycle available for hire.
- The track cycles for hire use pedals with straps but you may be able to use your own pedals, so be prepared by bringing your own cycling shoes, pedals and a pedal wrench. A set of Allen keys will also allow for seat post height adjustments.
Note : Modifications to Super-Drome hire track cycles will be at the discretion of the Super-Drome coach.
- If you have your own track cycle then you are guaranteed to ride on the night.
- As this is an official Gawler Wheelers Event, you are encouraged to wear your GW Team Kit.
- Track cycle hire on the night will be on a 'first come, first served' basis.
- If you decide (or need) to share a track cycle between two people then the cost will be ($20 + $15) $35 total.
- Please ensure you bring the correct money (either $15, $20 or $35) to avoid any issues with having to receive change. Payment is due on the night.
The Gawler Wheelers Track Night Recommendations must be read prior to attending a Track Night Event.