Adelaide Cyclists winter ride 3
Meet at 8am at Cibo CBD (cnr Rundle and Frome) or earlier if you want a coffee before and ride to Glenelg to pick up at the Buffalo at 8.30am then a new route curated by the Michelle and Phil Crick from the Southern Suburbs Road Cyclists and Muddies groups.
Here is the route from Glenelg to Brighton then the Veloway and back to Hallet's Cove to the famous Rimini's Cafe for pancakes.
There will also be a structure to keep everyone together a bit more and save anyone from getting lost - so it might be a slower pace than the Outer Harbour rides.
To avoid people getting lost, the most effective strategy is to mark junctions with a rider - much in line with the way a lot of organised motorcycle groups operate (not hells angels!). So this works in the following way:
1. There will be a lead rider and a tail end charlie (TEC)
2. No one goes in front of the leader or behind TEC.
3. Once underway as a group, the rider immediately behind the leader will stop at the next junction, pointing the way for others.
4. The rider who has stopped will stay there until TEC appears, then they set off in front of TEC.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until we regroup or get to the end of the ride.
Using this method, there's no fear of getting left behind as you know there will be someone marking the next junction, so in theory, it's almost impossible to get lost as long as everyone sticks to the rules. Riders between the leader and TEC are pretty much free to do as they please, so long as they remember to mark a junction if they are the second rider.
Here is a fancy flyover of the route too.
This is an unassisted social ride. You should have your own insurance, helmet and spares.
This website does not accept any responsibility for damage, accidents, injury that may occur.
Add a Comment